The Irish Emergency Medicine Trainees’ Association (IEMTA) is the national representative organisation for Emergency Medicine trainees in Ireland. IEMTA became fully integrated with IAEM in 2011, from which it receives funding and is governed by its constitution
IEMTA aims to:
1. Facilitate education and networking amongst EM trainees
2. To provide information on training in EM and EM exams
3. To provide a forum for trainees to present EM research
IEMTA implements these aims through many projects, including:
- thecase.report a monthly educational podcast
- ITERN – a research network allowing trainees to complete projects over numerous sites
- Annual Scientific Meeting – a conference with internationally renowned speakers, and an opportunity for trainees to present research at a national meeting
The most current information on training can be found on the Irish Association for Emergency Medicine website. This section is kept up-to-date by the programme director and the Irish Committee in Emergency Medicine Training (ICEMT).
Any current SpR or Consultant in Emergency Medicine would be more than happy to discuss career pathways with interested doctors (if you get them at a good time!).